FerreroRoche

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Mama talk to me!!! Right Time for Punishing my baby?!

As part of playing with my son and making him busy with something, i give him my box of pencil colours --donno what they call it! i mean alwaan '7ashabiya-- and i sit with him while he takes these colouring pencils out and scatter them all over the room and throw this and pick that.

----Maybe one day i will write what u can do with such a tool with babies ;) ..anywayz---

So yesterday i was a bit of tired and i slept a bit and kept nunu with mama ..and i think when i was asleep they came to the room and nunu played with the colours.. So when i woke up i saw the colours all over the floor and the usual mess that nunu makes :)

later that night and when it was time for going up again to my room ,,me and nunu,, i took nunu and went to room,, i didnt clear the mess that was there when i first woke up,, so nunu got excited again seeing all these coloures scattered all over .. and he started his fun.. i sat down to pick up the colours and put them in the box after nunu got bored of them and i saw one of the colouring pencils is broken into half! Donno how that happened! but straight away i assumed it was nunu!!! ( now i realise how stupid i was to assume that without checking with mama about it!)
anywayz , as a result and only to make nunu know that this is wrong.. i called nunu and poor soul came to me..
i showed him the pencil and put an angry face on! and i was like: 'mama is angry at u and she will not talk to u' and i also hit his tiny tiny hand :( :( :( ,, --i usually do that whenever he does sth wrong like playing with power sockets, ect --

He didnt say a single thing and stood infront of me as a perfect boy admiting his mistake! really even when i hit his hand he was quite! then i turned my face the other side and gave him my back
just 2 or 3 seconds later i found his tiny soft hand tapping on my back calling ma : mama mama amma amma . Still i didnt turn and just said mama is angry at u and she will not talk to u ..

To my amazment, i found him as if he understood each single word and started tapping my back again and coming to my face and saying: mama mama ..and i could feel that he was saying:

"Mama talk to me! Dont get Mad ,, i didnt mean it! I wont do it"

His facial expression started to change,, got sad,, his tiny lips started to wave up! and i couldnt bare that ,, and felt so bad for my punishment style!and so angry at myself..i hugged so much and said sorry to him!!!

He was so happyyy and started the game all over again :)

But this made me think about whether or not its ok i punish him in such a way so that he knows whats good or bad?
or is he too young for any such treatment? Shall i let him do anything and just pull him away or take things from him whenever it is dangereous or a bad act?which means he doesnt realise that the thing is wrong , instead he will just do it and if someone took the thing then ok he wont cry else he will continue doing!

Aaaah , anywayz i think i will continue with my way ..and the feeling of guilt whenever i go in that same way too!

4 Comments:

  • i think its ok girrl.. i feel guilty too when i see my son going to the electricity and i say no quietly if he doesn't listen then its a bigger no ,, and he starts crying poor boy.. but when he thinks of going again,, he turns to look at me and i point with my finger that its not ok and he comes back..

    the way i do it is i say no then i distract him with something else.. give him another toy or talk to him ,, he needs to know its wrong ,, but not to feel that he is wrong u know?

    i believe children understand the meaning of no and yes starting from a young age,, and no matter how bad we feel we should enforce it because they need to know the difference between right and wrong and its up to us to teach them.

    By Blogger Mystique, at 12:17 AM  

  • Yaaa grl u r right ,, we need to teach them right from wrong even if we feel guilty

    i do try and distract him but u knw sometimes he just gets too 3aneed and wouldnt want anythng else but that thng so then i use the tough way ,, as u said a bigger no or even a slap on hand!

    By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 2:51 AM  

  • I think it's okay and you shouldn't feel guilty. I mean, you're making a better man out of him by disciplining him.

    As long as you don't abuse him, then you make a great mom :)

    By Blogger Lym, at 4:05 AM  

  • Thank You Lym for seeing me as a possible greate mama ! first time some1 tells me that :)

    By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home